Truth or Dare – Gameplay to Reignite the Spark
Do you remember that giddy feeling of playing truth or dare as a teenager? You wondered what question would be asked next, or what silly thing you’d have to do as your friends watched and laughed. You probably felt a close connection to those you played truth or dare with. There was a bond created from the secrets shared and embarrassing things you did.
Why not bring some of that excitement to your marriage? You think you know “everything” about your spouse, but there are plenty of little things left to learn. With this date night it’s time to grab a beer or pop open a bottle of wine and let loose a little. Use this fun game as a way to get to know one another better – you might be surprised what you learn. Plus, we think you’ll have some fun.
Write down a handful of questions to draw from as the game gets started, or… if you prefer, we think it’s more fun to make it up as you go along. See where the game takes you! That’s why we suggested you have a few beers or pop open a bottle of wine. Sometimes you need a little something extra to help you lighten up and get into the groove with a game like this.
Make your own Truth or Dare rules
We all know the basics of the game – you choose truth or dare, and the other person asks a question or “dares” you to do something.
Then you switch turns.
The rule is, you have to answer truthfully or complete the dare. However, maybe the two of you agree that every time you pass on a question you have to take a sip of beer. Or maybe you keep score and whoever passes on fewer questions gets a prize at the end.
Play with a good attitude
The goal of the game is to have some lighthearted fun together. Try not to have ulterior motives of uncovering deep dark secrets or getting upset over your partner’s responses. Don’t ask a question if you don’t want to know the answer! And remember, what happens during the game stays with the game. If you share embarrassing stories or do something silly, keep them between one another.
Get your game started with this list of truth and dare questions:
- What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
- What was your favorite childhood birthday party?
- Take a silly picture and post it on social media.
- Do a funny dance to the song of your partner’s choice.
- Impersonate a __________________ (animal).
- What did you think of me the first time we met?
- What’s your first memory of me?
- If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
- Pretend we’re having a baby – make up a name before I count to five.
- What was your worst date ever?
- Wear the outfit of my choice for the rest of the evening.
- Try a food you’ve never eaten or don’t like.
- Where is the one place you’d like to visit most in the world and why?
- How did you know when you were in love with me?
- Close your eyes and type a message without looking to the first person listed in your phone.
Remember, these questions are just to help get you started. We’re certain you can come up with even more fun questions and dares than these to spice things up during your date night.
Truth or dare is the perfect date night when you don’t want to spend a lot of money and just want to be together. Couples who prioritize “play” in their relationship are happier than their peers who don’t. You’ve heard the saying “work hard, play hard” and it’s important to not let play fall by the wayside as responsibilities pile up.